Riptides Swim Club
The Riptides Swim Club is a offering a NEW session of Spring Conditioning! The club is open to boys and girls ages 6-18 (who are able to swim 25-yards of the pool without assistance) and will be lead by coaches that are passionate about the sport of swimming and youth development.
Our technical and fundamentals based curriculum will be utilized to ensure that each athlete is receiving the highest level of technical instruction with an emphasis positivity and encouragement.
Where/How do I Register?
NEW Online Registration for the 2020-2021 school year, please see below for directions on our new process for registering your child for Lincoln Community Education Programs!
*Please note that registration process must be completed in its entirety before any student-athlete will be eligible to participate in official team practices or contests
1. Create Accounts
- Both a parent/guardian AND student are required to create separate accounts. Each account must have a unique email or mobile phone number.
- Click here to create your account (click here for step by step help on creating your accounts).
*For additional help, click the green "Self-Help" icon on the top left of the Planet HS Home Page*
- Select the correct school (Lincoln Community Education, Ypsilanti MI).
**If you are a current Lincoln student who has already created a profile for a Lincoln High School OR Lincoln Middle School sport you can go directly into your profile, click "edit account" and add Lincoln Community Education as an additional school to your profile. You do NOT need to create a new profile!
2. Emergency Contact Section
- Students are NOT required to input this information (can proceed by clicking on the "link account").
- Parents/Guardians are required to input as much information as possible, which will then automate information into the forms, saving time and duplicate work.
3. Link Parent/Guardian & Student Accounts
- Once logged in, you will be prompted to link the parent and student account. Enter the email address or mobile phone number to send an invitation to the parent/student. The invited person will then click on the link in the email or text message to finish the linking process. The invited person can also login and accept the link request by clicking on the "Link Account" button and selecting "Accept".
4. Athletic Forms Button
- Click the "Athletic Forms" button to move to the Pre-Participation Forms Overview Page and complete the required digital forms.
5. Select the Sports
- In the "Sports Interest" section, check the sports you have interest in participating in. By checking these sports, you are allowing the coach of that team to view your pre-participation paperwork.
6. Complete & Sign Digital Forms
- Click on each form link, complete each form, and click the "Sign & Submit" button. Both the parent/guardian AND the student complete this step. Upon completion of each required form, you will be auto prompted to complete the next form.
- Students with accounts may begin completing digital forms immediately. Parents must be linked to a student account to see the electronic version of the forms. If the accounts are not linked, they will only see example PDF versions of the forms. You can complete forms or see their status at any time by clicking on the "Athletic Forms" button. This allows students to send a parent linked account a request to upload the physical exam signed by the physician.
- "Upload Buttons" are shown when you are required to upload a document instead of completing the web-form. For example, the MHSAA physical exam form. Forms can be uploaded by either the parent/guardian or the student but will require a parent/guardian signature.
*Please note that Elementary aged participants can submit a Health Questionnaire Form (completed by a parent/guardian) in place of an MHSAA Physical. Middle School and High School aged participants must submit a completed MHSAA Physical signed by a Physician.
8. Accepted Forms Notification
- After the Athletic Department staff has accepted all forms, a notification will be sent to you stating all forms have been accepted. You will be notified via email and/or text message (if you have selected the text message option during account creation), if a form has been denied or is incomplete, you will be sent a notification, in which you will be given the reason for denial and a link to review and resubmit your changes back to the Athletic Department for approval.
9. Program Payment
- Ages 8 and under: $150 (includes 3 hours of practice per week)
- Ages 9-12: $220 (includes 8 hours of practice per week)
- Ages 13 and up: $250 (includes 10 hours of practice per week)
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there are NO meets offered by the SMSL League for the spring season, our athletes will use this time to condition in preparation for a summer season
- Click here to complete payment for your son and/or daughter to participate in our program
COVID-19 Policies and Considerations:
- Our program will be following all guidelines, policies, and restrictions set forth by the Michigan High School Athletic Association and the Washtenaw County Health Department
- Coaches, athletes, and parents will be required to wear masks during all practices - including entry and exit from all facilities (except when in the water)
- Social distancing requirements will be strictly enforced at all practices - spectators will not be allowed in the pool or hallway during practices
- Coaches will be provided with hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray for the duration of the season
- Practices are organized by age group to keep participant numbers in compliance with COVID-19 restrictions in our pool
- 8 and under: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 5:00-6:00 pm
- 9-12 year old AND any MS or HS aged participant unable to attend the 13 and up sessions: Mondays/Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays from 6:00-8:00 pm
- 13 and up: Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Fridays from 3:00-5:00 pm and Saturdays from 8:00-10:00 am
- The spring conditioning season will run from April 5, 2021 - May 28, 2021
Contact Lincoln Pool Coordinator - Adam Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or Riptides Swim Club Head Coach - Andrew Duncan at email@example.com