Splitter Nation Youth Basketball
*A parent volunteer based program
Our educationally focused league is designed to teach, mentor, and encourage participation in the sport of basketball from the simplest form and expand each year as your child develops and continues through the program. In addition, we strive to promote a safe and fun atmosphere for your child to compete and continue to learn the game with their friends and teammates. Our league relies on volunteer parent coaches to instruct and inspire our future Splitter Basketball players throughout the season.
Where/How do I Register?
- Click here to register your son and/or daughter for our program
- During registration, please be sure to list a uniform shirt size and any weekday evenings (5:30-7:00 pm and 7:00-8:30 pm) that your child will have practice conflicts- unlisted conflicts may not be honored
- Registration deadline for all participants is November 20, 2020
COVID-19 Policies and Considerations:
- Our program will be following all guidelines, policies, and restrictions set forth by the Michigan High School Athletic Association and the Washtenaw County Health Department
- Coaches, players, and parents will be required to wear masks during all practices and games (including entry and exit from all facilities)
- Social distancing requirements will be strictly enforced at all practices and games - spectators will be limited and will be communicated prior to games starting in January
- Coaches will be provided with hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray for the duration of the season
Team Selection Dates and Information (pre-register to attend):
- Due to COVID-19 indoor gathering restrictions, we will not be holding a team selection this season. Instead, we will assign all kids to teams and will communicate team placements, practice schedules, and coach assignments the week of November 23, 2020.
- No practices for 1st – 2nd grade teams. Games are held at Model Elementary Gym
- Practices for 3rd – 6th grade will take place once a week in 90 minute time slots starting the week of November 30 (located at elementary and middle school gyms)
- Practices for 7th-8th grade teams will take place once a week in 90 minute time slots starting the week of January 11
- Practices are assigned following the registration deadline and will depend on the coach’s availability
- To avoid potential scheduling conflicts, be sure to list in your registration if there is a day and time that will not work for your son or daughters practice time
- 1st – 6th Grade games will take place on Saturdays from January 9 – February 27
- 7th - 8th Grade games will take place on Saturdays from January 16 - February 27
- Official game schedule with game locations for the season will be emailed to every participant by early January
Questions? Contact Katie Moffett at email@example.com or at 734-484-7013